At Hope and Thrive we pride ourselves in being very supportive and encouraging environment. Hope and Thrive’s priority is to create a healthy environment where Therapists can grow and focus on their specialties. When Therapists are doing well they are better able to help the community and their clients.
Clinical Therapist Job Description:
Hope & Thrive Counseling Center is a community of helping professionals working to enhance the mental well-being of kids, adults, families, and couples in our community. We are a fun, dynamic, and collaborative group of clinicians who value working collaboratively and helping improve the health and wellness of our communities.
Looking for a counselor to do Faith-Based Counseling:
Must be okay with doing Telehealth (may or may not go back to in person counseling).
Clinical therapist will provide outpatient individual and group therapy to patients of Hope & Thrive Counseling Center, with locations in Bellingham and Lynden Washington (telehealth: reaching all of Washington). Clinical therapy services include treatment of adults, adolescents/children, couples and families. Treatment specialties may include: faith-based counseling (we are connected and get referrals from churches), children, couples, trauma, Brainspotting, family, etc.
Reports to: Owner and/or Clinical Director.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
• Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in counseling, psychology or social work; and
• Active, unrestricted license (PhD, PsyD, LCSW(A), LMFT(A), or LMHC(A)) in the State of Washington. A copy must be provided to Hope & Thrive Counseling Center.
• May be open to taking inters (depends on universities requirements).
• Available to hold at least 15 patient sessions per week, provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled by Hope & Thrive Counseling Center.
Other Qualification Preferences:
• Be affiliated with Affiliates (i.e. AAMFT, NBCC)
• Have at least one niche market for counseling services (i.e., children, teens, trauma, anxiety, grief, anger management, etc.).
• Maintain CEUs and/or other needs to maintain licensing requirements
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform on-site clinical counseling services to patients of Hope & Thrive Counseling Center, as scheduled, and in accordance with company policies.
2. Regular and reliable attendance and timely arrival to work is required.
3. Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Hope & Thrive Counseling Center.
4. Respond to patients’ requests for service or calls within 24 business hours whether such requests are made in person, by phone, voicemail, etc. or through the Hope & Thrive Counseling Center website. Respond to such requests by meeting, evaluating, and providing services to such patients.
5. Communicate with a patient’s treatment team (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, school, etc.) as necessary.
6. Timely complete written records for each patient including, but not limited to: intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, contract notes, and other forms or documents which may be needed or required from time-to-time by Hope & Thrive Counseling Center or third parties in conjunction with the treatment of the patient within a timely fashion (by Monday the following week). Keep patient files accurate and up to date.
7. Timely billing. That billing is not able to be done unless the notes are done. Billing is due the Tuesday of the following week.
8. Charge and collect payments from patients for services provided consistent with the policy and rate for such services as established by Hope & Thrive Counseling Center.
9. Attend mandatory staff meetings and training as directed by Hope & Thrive Counseling Center.
10. Conduct and regulate counseling services in a professional manner so as to maintain and increase the good will and reputation of Hope & Thrive Counseling Center. Be respectful of and cooperative and collaborative with co-workers.
11. Other duties which may by assigned by Hope & Thrive Counseling Center.
12. Allow your image and bio to be published on Psychology Today and Hope & Thrive Counseling Website.
Contact: Amanda Shannon MA LMFT (owner and supervisor)
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
360-383-8682 (Call & Text)